Animal Liberation (N.S.W.)
Animal Liberation was founded in 1976 to work toward stopping the suffering of animals - and in particular farm animals.
Animal Liberation focuses primarily on farm animals and in particular those animals kept in intensive husbandry systems.
* Battery Hen Cages - to ban the cruel practice of caged egg laying hens, a system that requires bird to be mutilated (debeaking) to "fit the system." Birds have less room than an A4 sheet of paper and are denied most of their behavioural needs. *Overseas, the European Union will phase out the cage by 2012 and Switzerland has banned it altogether.
* Sow stalls - female pigs are kept in tiny stalls and endure continuous pregnancies. Their stalls are so narrow they cannot turn around. She spends her days biting and sucking the bars in a frenzy of boredom and misery. *In the UK sow stalls are banned altogether.
* Cattle feedlots - cattle are held on bleak, treeless areas of land an fed grain to bring about rapid growth. Many animals suffer bloat and other diseases because of this unnatural diet. On 3 known occasions as many as 12,000 cattle in one weekend have died of heat stroke.
* Meat (broiler)chickens are reared in huge automated sheds. By selective breeding and the use of antibiotics they are forced to reach slaughter weight in just 35-40 days. Their flesh is obese but their skeletal system is juvenile. They suffer the afflictions of old age yet they are still baby birds. *Video evidence of these birds has been documented and presented to Government.
* Live transort of animals - currently 6 million sheep are shipped to the Middle East and South East Asia in miserable conditions each year. In 2003, 73,700 died of sickness and streess dduring a 3 week journey. On arrival those surviving are killed or trucked vast distances without food and water and their throats are cut with no pre-stunning.
Animal Liberation is also campaigning against the use of animals for so-called entertainment - rodeos and circuses; to stop hunting; vivisection and the use of animals by the fur industry.
Animal Liberation promotes the health and environmental benefits of a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle.
Animal Liberation receives no government funding and is dependant on donations from the public.
Animal Liberation (N.S.W.)
Suite 506/89 York Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9262 3221
Fax: (02) 9262 6336
ABN: 66 002 228 328 DGR: Not supplied
* Checking your organisations tax deductibility status
Although every effort is made to ensure that organisations provide
correct information, to be absolutely sure of the tax deductibility
status of an organisation you should check with the Australian Business Register.
To update the information for this organisation you must be an employee of the organisation and hold the login details. If you have lost those details they may recovered here.